Good morning VGA readers I’ve got some really cool auctions for you today. There’s a mix of import consoles, promotional merchandise and prize collectibles. I think Japanese consoles are the coolest for one easy, simple reason, and that is the fact I can play all the Japanese games that were never released here in North America. If only people had an idea of how many cool games are over there it just blows my mind. It’s like opening a portal of new games. It’s like finding the hidden room of unreleased SNES games… just awesome. But let’s get to the auctions!
First auction is for a Killer Instinct Marketing Kit. This is by far one of the coolest marketing items I have seen. It’s extremely rare because they don’t make many marketing kits for games and the purpose is not to distribute a lot in the first place, just to key companies or persons. This kits comes complete and mint. It has the video, and marketing plan. Really cool to see if you’re interested in video game marketing. The auction is currently at $130 and the seller is located in Australia. I’m really impressed with this auction.
Other Video Game Auctions:
– Gears of War Lancer – Wow these were selling at $150 for the regular non-gold models but now they’re reaching $300+.
– Working Designs Pin Set, Mousepad and Card Deck – Working designs is a great company who made great games. This is a nice Arc the Lad set.
– Final Fantasy 1990 Prize Controller Templates – The stickers are intact and not used. Also comes with the letter for authentication.
– Final Fantasy 1990 Price Fanny Pack Bag and T-Shirt – The bag looks unused and well as the t-shirt. If you’re a final fantasy fan these are at a VERY good price, go for it.
– Sonic Comic Issue #1 – Appears to be in alright condition. I’m not a comic guy but I wouldn’t grade this to be mint.
– Blizzcon 2010 Deathling and unscratched Murloc Pet Card – Price is $110, loot card is unscratched.
– Mortal Kombat II Soundtrack – Wow last one sold for $50, this is double the price and still going.
– Super Mario 1989 Chair – A baby chair, would I buy this for my game room? If I was a hardcore mario fan, but otherwise it would be a little weird…
– Castlevania Lament of Innocence – This is the Japanese box set edition with Litograph, bonus cd and extras.
– Metal Gear Solid Promo Disc – Complete and in good condition. A must for any Metal Gear Solid fan.
– Signed Shigeru Miyamoto Photo – Seller says “photo is authentic”, don’t know what that means, maybe it’s rare and original art? but the autograph is legit for sure.
As mentioned above the reason to buy a Japanese consoles is to have access to ALL the cool games never released here and I can guarentee you won’t have enough time in this life to find all the cool games. It’s an endless flow of awesome games. Sure the downside is you can’t understand Japanese but you have two options, first is to learn Japanese which makes everything, including life, just awesome. The second is to just let it be mysterious and play to have fun.