Good boxing day morning, I hope all you VGA readers had a great Christmas full of fun and joy with your loved ones. The day after Christmas is however a day full of havoc, chaos and of course good deals. Are there deals on eBay? No not really, especially in the video game world unless you find an auction that ends cheaper then buying a game in a store. Especially collectibles, there’s never deals unless you’re lucky enough to find something rare where another collector doesn’t search for at that time, and that my friend is called luck.
So with Christmas done and the brink of the New Year we have some cool auctions that might tickle your fancy. This post will be brief and to the point with some commentary on the auctions so let’s begin.
This Zelda Outlands auction is considered rare or is it? It’s Zelda re-done with a new map, levels and so on. You can read more about it here. Now is it rare? I don’t think so. It’s actually made at http://www.nesreproductions.com/ and you can buy it for $25 including air mail shipping. In fact check the site out for other amazing titles never released for the NES!! Does it make the seller a crook for buying from NESreproductions and selling it on eBay as “rare”? No because he has a right to sell it and not say where he got it from. If anything it’s the buyers fault for not doing the neccessary research in the first place. Like the old saying goes, “You get what you pay for”, and the reserve is a nice touch to give perceived value and rarity. Don’t be fooled and spend $100+ for something you can get for $25 with shipping.
The next Zelda related auction is a collection of the Zelda games. It’s complete and in excellent condition, but for $890 it’s pricey. The only person in the world who’d buy it is someone who doesn’t have one single Zelda game and decided one morning that he’ll start collecting Zelda games. Best bet for the seller is list it on regular auction and hope for the best. This is a resellers dream if it went to auction, they’d be all over it like a vulture on a dead body.
Other cool auctions:
– Nintendo Test Station – $999 expensive? You be the judge.
– Nintendo Cereal box empty – Yeah I’d buy it too, but not for $49.99.
– Nintendo Power Pad – It’s a $3000 Nintendo Power Pad… remember people, look on eBay first before listing something.
– Nintendo NES, SNES and N64 Lot Huge – Decent lot, decent price.
– M.A.C.S Light Gun Rifle with SNES – Cool gun.
– Nintendo Gameboy Sealed/New – The price is right.
– Caltron 6 in 1 Complete – Very rare and it’s on auction COMPELTE!!
– Little Samson Complete and Mint – Went way over the average price. Glad I own one of these complete and mint 😉